Comcast Principal Software Development & Engineering in Horsham, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology. Product. Xperience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Provides guidance and support to other Engineers. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Lead team in requirements collection and analysis.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Assists with technical leadership throughout the design process and assists in guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide mentor for Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Experience developing server-side Scala applications.
- Team player with professional work ethic and positive attitude.
- Minimum of 8 years experience as part of a multi-person Software development team.
- Firm understanding of Linux operating.
- Expertise in troubleshooting, software lifecycle and quality assurance practices.
- Understanding of automated testing libraries and practices
Experience with source code control on multi-developer projects
Excellent presentation skills to communicate product designs and requirements
- Able to learn new technologies as needed and open to changing technological direction as required by the team
Education Level: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Computer Science, Engineering
Years Experience: Generally requires 11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer