Comcast Engineer 5, Network Engineering in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leading network wide design and technical approach for network evolution and new products. Serves as a technical lead for new product integration across Comcast's converged IP Network. Influences and creates strategic standards according to industry standard across Transport and IP Layer (IETF, User Forums, MEF, OIF, etc.). Accountable for the adoption and integration strategy of emerging standards into the infrastructure in order to drive emerging technologies that reduce costs, increase flexibility, and drive better scale across Comcast Infrastructure. Responsible for the thorough architecture, design, beta, and launch of new integrated voice, video and data products across Converged Network, and the evolution of the network to enhance capabilities and operational effectiveness of infrastructure.
- Utilizes tactical and strategic approaches to design and new product introduction.
- Balances constraints and opportunities to drive engineering consensus for new product introduction and methodology.
- Routinely leads matrixed teams, and serves as network expert with adjacent product and engineering teams to ensure smooth introduction of new products.
- Produces, reviews, and coaches junior level engineers in detailed design work, SMOP creation, and operations execution of complex change across a converged environment.
- Works in a heavily matrixed environment, and acts as integrated team member in virtual teams to shorten our R&D and Design cycle for new products and network evolution.
- Provides technical leadership for infrastructure and routing design, network planning and strategy, and performance engineering activities.
- Develops and leads requirements, design, development, integration, test of network projects and products.
- Serves as the team's internal expert relative to the most complex architectural problems and provides solutions that are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Assists in vendor selection process by assisting with RFP/RFI, and evaluating vendor's technical solutions and architectures.
- Works with subject matter experts who drive vendor roadmaps to ensure designs are deployable and products migrate easily to future designs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- CCNA required; CCNP Required; F5-SEL/SEG preferred; Perl, Python UNIX
- Scripting languages a plus
- Generally requires 11 years related experience.
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.