SMG Housekeeping & Set-Up Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for the Housekeeping and Set-up Manager for SMG Pennsylvania Convention Center. The Housekeeping & Set-Up Manager shall be responsible for the directing Set-up and Housekeeping labor, overseeing the conversion of the facility from one event to another and the preshow, show and post show cleaning of the venue. The Housekeeping & Set-Up Manager will work closely with various department within the Center as well as Show Producers in order to ensure quality of services rendered to PCC clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, instruct and provide clear instructions to labor regarding set up and cleaning assignments as required for events.
- Provide labor needs for scheduling according to event specifications.
- Distribute work assignments accordingly.
- Closely monitor set-up and housekeeping labor to ensure services delivered are in accordance with SMG/PCC standards and ensure completion.
- Assist in compiling event related costs.
- Control Inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure the proper use of equipment and cleaning materials.
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility to ensure equipment and/or supply availability.
- Attend internal and external meetings, pre/post-convention meeting as required to coordinate event activities.
- Interface with Event Services to facilitate the completion of event requirements.
- Prepares and distributes to internal departments in a timely manner an event document detailing all information required for the execution of the event.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to effectively manage many conflicting priorities at one time.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Must be able to work under limited supervision, demonstrate supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all department levels and staff.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- Computer knowledge includes Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and EBMS.
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. PCC is a 24 hour operation.
- Operating knowledge of forklifts, floor scrubbers, sweepers.
Education and/or Experience
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory capacity with major convention or hotel facility or equivalent position.
- High School Graduate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk extensively, occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 1-800-428-9000.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled