Comcast Senior Cybersecurity Developer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast Technology and Product Security (T&PS) is looking for a developer (DevOps) to support its integration and automation needs. This "Senior" developer position is within the Security Engineering team and will be responsible for developing applications and writing API code for integrations with several security tools such as Arbor, Tufin, Safenet EKM platform etc. The candidate would serve as a core member of an engineering and development team that designs and develops security automation and will work collaboratively with business stakeholder to act as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for designing and architecting solutions to handle future growth and implement new functionalities as they become available
- Ensure programs are envisioned, designed, developed, and implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs
- Partner closely with various security and business teams to understand their business needs and develop solution for automation and integration with enterprise tools and ensuring that security program goals and objectives are met
- Works with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements, based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing. Identifies exciting opportunities for adopting new security technologies to solve existing needs and future challenges.
- Design creative prototypes based on business requirements and socialize with key stakeholders
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivers continuous improvement
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Contributes to teams for deployment, updates and maintenance of new or existing Infrastructure (servers, databases) and Commercial Off the Shelf Security solutions
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Play a key role in working with product vendor for proper tool functioning and ensure product related issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Good understanding of application architecture and integration using APIs
- Proficiency in languages such as PHP, Python, Perl, C#, Java (J2EE) etc.
- Experience with web services like SOAP/REST
- Experience with configuration of Databases(Oracle, MySQL)
- Comprehensive understanding of internet and encryption protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, RTP, DNS, HTTP, SSL and TLS)
- Experience with configuration of Key Management Platforms (such as Gemalto/Thales/Microsoft Azure Key vault) as well as familiarity with KMIP and other key management protocols
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Experience and passion to work in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- A team player with excellent verbal and written presentation and communications skills.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in technology or security field
Certifications (preferred): CISSP, CEH, CSSLP, MCSD, AWS, other software development certifications
Years of Experience: Generally requires 7 years of industry experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.