Edgewood Properties Paralegal in Piscataway, New Jersey
As an experienced paralegal:
Have You Handled Commercial Real Estate Transactions from Soup to Nuts?
Have you prepared corporate documents, including forming LLC’s, Operating Agreements etc.
Are you able to read title binders, surveys, and perform general due diligence relating to property acquisitons?
Are you meticulous with details and follow up?
If you’ve answered YES to all of the above, we’d like to consider you a serious candidate for the following position.
Weingarten Law Firm, is seeking a talented Real Estate Transaction Coordinator/Paralegal Trained, whose hands-on effort will ensure smooth, through and efficient residential and commercial closing transactions within our in-house legal department.
Reporting to the Principle Attorney, the Transaction (Manager, Coordinator, Professional) will directly be responsible for every aspect of routine residential and sophisticated commercial real estate transactions from contract inception to closing, including whatever ongoing follow-up, tracking and reporting is deemed necessary.
Top candidates will be self-starters with high degrees of common sense and good judgement as well as be highly organized with perfect attention to detail. They will be able to maintain composure under pressure; take full responsibility for bringing real estate transaction to closure while avoiding any and all business/legal exposures due to carelessness. We seek a paralegal who feels passionate about real estate and is willing to put in the effort to excel. Paralegals with significant residential and commercial real estate transactional experience are encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Transaction (Manager, Coordinator, Professional) will process routine and sophisticated residential and commercial Real Estate transactions concurrently and:
• Be responsible for processing all real estate contracts step by step from inception through closing and maintain electronic and paper files.
• Coordinate due diligence for a variety of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including, acquisitions and dispositions, borrowings, etc.
• Prepare and file a variety of documents, including, deeds, mortgages, UCC financing statements, etc.
• Manage all timelines to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Review and summarize title commitments and surveys
• Work closely with title companies to clear title and obtain title policies
• Prepare and distribute closing binders
• Coordinate the closing process for various transactions commercial and residential real estate transactions
• Coordinate inspections and closing with all parties.
• Maintain regular communication with clients, cooperating agents, and service providers to ensure and advise on progress toward closing.
• Be responsible updating the internal team on the progress of all contracts and advise agents of when they need to become involved in negotiations or issue resolution.
• Ensure that all post-closing disbursements, filing, and procedures take place.
• Acts as key relationship point of contact with all vendor and service providers.
• Bachelor’s degree. Paralegal certificate strongly desired.
• 5 - 7 years’ experience in residential and commercial real estate transaction management, preferably in a large law firm setting, an in-house legal department or a title company.
• Notary Public
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of routine and sophisticated/complex closings.
• Excellent writing skills, as drafting correspondence is required.
• Strong attention to detail, organization, and analytic skills
• Ability to organize and maintain systems for file management.
• Independent, self-starter willing and not afraid to accept complete responsibility for process and outcomes.
In return, we offer competitive compensation, along with comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental and vision benefits, life insurance, a 401(k) with company contribution, corporate fitness facility on site, discount on housing and home appliances and a corporate team environment.
For immediate consideration, please apply online or email your resume with salary requirements directly to our Human Resources Dept.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
External Company Name: Edgewood Properties
External Company URL: www.edgewoodproperties.com