GlaxoSmithKline Commercial Data & Analytics Architect in Warren, New Jersey
Commercial Data & Analytics Architect
Open date:Apr 16, 2018 6:16 PM
Experience required:5 years
Email a friend
Your Responsibilities:GSK Consumer Healthcare is seeking to make a “Step Change in Digital, Data & Analytics” and is establishing a new-from-the-ground-up Analytics Platform purpose built to help execute on that vision. As a result we are looking for an Architect to join our Commercial Data & Analytics team.
We envision the architect to perform activities related to defining and identifying what our analytics platform should look like and then also drive data architecture activities. This role has a focus on the Data Architectures required to make this global analytics platform a success.
• Technical Architecture: Related to the tech platform / stack piece, we would look for the ideal candidate to assist in formulating and defining the global data architecture and associated specification of the data stack, data processing methodologies & approaches, cloud hosting and API’s that will give this platform the best chance to succeed in the commercial environment and ensure that we can continue to leverage and scale the tech stack for additional and future analytics initiatives.
• Data Architecture: Related to the data architecture piece, activities will include providing leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies and selecting the appropriate technology platforms; governance practices, and standards; and partnering with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates.
• Forward Looking: Additional responsibilities include evaluating and recommending emerging technologies and standards. Keep abreast of industry developments in analytics and be able to interpret how these would impact services and present new opportunities.
As a rough guide expect 40% of the role to be technical architecture focused, 40% of the role to have a Data Architecture focus and the remaining 20% to be forward looking & Analytics Architecture strategy focused. We also envision this architect to work closely with the enterprise GSK platforms team on architecture and platform provisioning activities.
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company in the Commercial Business & in the digital business including product development and new product introduction. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
Basic qualifications:• MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience, with weighting on experience and proven track record preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
• 5-7 years as an architect (platform, data, etc.) with demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
• Experience in technology architecture of analytics and/or big data solutions and development of such solutions in a world-class innovative company.
• Fully conversant with big-data processing approaches and “schema-on-read” methodologies.
• Experience of the Azure analytics components, Power BI & Microsoft Visual Studio is a must.
• Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with analytics in a healthcare or CPG company is a plus.
• Knowledge of Hadoop/Spark/DataBricks and/or Data Science and Machine Learning approaches is a bonus.
• Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
• Ability to develop and maintain productive working links with suppliers and specialist technology providers to assemble and maintain a distinctive and flexible mix of capabilities against future requirements.
• Excellent written, diagrammatic and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with data modeling and distributed data architecture concepts, knowledge of agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts.
• Good communication skills and customer relationship skills
Why GSK?:At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency ReportingFor the Recordsite.