GlaxoSmithKline Content & Commerce Digital Delivery Expert Portals PM / BA in Warren, New Jersey
Content & Commerce Digital Delivery Expert Portals PM / BA
Open date:Apr 16, 2018 6:33 PM
Experience required:5 years
Email a friend
Your Responsibilities:As GSK Consumer Healthcare embarks on its Digital journey, we continue to look for ways to further digitize our business by optimizing and developing new web (owned media) properties. With regards to this, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager / Business Analyst to join our Content & Commerce team. The SPM/BA must be highly experienced in managing numerous projects simultaneously, can participate in business analysis and possesses a strong background in technology, as well as, the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile processes. This is a hybrid role and responsibilities can shift throughout projects, i.e., there may be times where the position will require more PM work than BA work or vice versa. Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
• Direct and coordinate project resources at all phases of a project, including origination, initiation, planning, execution and control, and closeout
• Develop high-level business requirements / use cases and cost estimates for projects to support business justification
• Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required tasks
• Create detailed project plans, track progress, review project tasks and scope to ensure deadlines and goals are met and that projects are within scope and budget
• Manage multiple projects from small to large scale in a cross-functional environment
• Manage resources in a matrix environment
• Provide risk and issue management
• Manages communications with agency representatives, external partners, stakeholders, program staff, and users
• Effectively communicates with both technical and non-technical staff, stakeholders, end-users, and vendors
• Prepare and communicate status reports to team and management
• Provide leadership for requirements analysis and prioritization
• Elicit business requirements from key stakeholders by using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis
• Develop or modify procedures and standards for project reporting and software development
• Monitor and document post-implementation problems and revision requests to ensure it meets end user needs
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company in digital and across our categories, brands and key markets. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
Basic qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree; MBA or relevant technical degree preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of successful experience as an IT project manager and proven history managing and delivering complex projects in the Digital (Web and Mobile) space.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and manage vendor relations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to align stakeholders from business and IT with competing priorities
• Extensive organizational skills to manage internal and external expectations, project artifacts and budget
• A strong background in technology, analysis and critical evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources
• Experience in creating and improving processes
• Experience writing business requirements documentation (BRDs) and functional requirements documentation (FRDs), including creating workflow/process flow diagrams
• Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate team members, and elicit work output in a team environment
• Proven experience in successfully working in a team setting and ability to reconcile conflicts
• Significant experience in CPG, Tech, Agency or Media company is required
• Experience with PM tools such as Clarity, Jira, MS Project, etc., is required.
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and digital technologies
• Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
• Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with managing a huge portfolio of websites and optimizing them through reusable templates / components, etc.
• Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the digital and category/brand organizations.
• Ability to develop and maintain productive working links with suppliers and specialist technology providers to assemble and maintain a distinctive and flexible mix of capabilities against future requirements.
Why GSK?:At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency ReportingFor the Recordsite.