GlaxoSmithKline Respiratory Biologics Specialist - Toms River, NJ in Warren, New Jersey
Respiratory Biologics Specialist - Toms River, NJ
Open date:Apr 16, 2018 7:59 PM
Experience required:2 years
Email a friend
Your Responsibilities:The GSK respiratory business is one of the largest in the world, with 45 years of investment in respiratory research for asthma and COPD. The Respiratory Biologic’s team is responsible for selling the first in class IL-5 biologic medicine that is one of the respiratory portfolio cornerstones of growth now and in the future.
GSK’s heritage spans more than 300 years, helping billions of people around the world. We are a science-led global healthcare company with a significant US footprint. We have three world leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products. Ranked #1 in Fortune magazine’s Change the World list for improving access to medicines. We are a company of more than 100,000 individuals, united by our mission and our four values of patient focus, integrity, respect for people, and transparency.
• Provide Scientific Knowledge, Business Acumen, and Customer Engagement expertise to specialist customers in support of a GSK biologic product.
• To understand the reimbursement/distribution landscape for specialist customers and identify the appropriate resources (e. g. Payer Relations Managers, HUB, headquarter approved materials) to refer customers to appropriate resource for reimbursement and distribution choices, working within GSK guidelines and values at all times.
• Maintain knowledge and data, which are constantly changing, with respect to severe asthma therapeutic expertise .
• Provide product educational programs/in-services to customers.
• Work within Compliance guidelines and GSK values at all times.
• Develop strategies and tactics to generate sales.
• Develop and implement strategies specific to each customer within an account (i.e., Allergists, Pulmonologists, nurses, PAs, business/office managers).
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Marketing, Payer Relations Managers, Respiratory Biologics Educators, Medical (MSLs), and other functions within GSK.
• Effectively manage allocated resources (i.e., financial).
• Provide outstanding customer service by responding to our customers' requests, inquiries and needs.
Basic qualifications:• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 Years Pharmaceutical/Medical sales experience
• Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which in some territories may include overnight travel up to 30%
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be able and willing to drive or operate a vehicle – driving is an essential function of this role
Preferred qualifications:• 5+ Years Pharmaceutical sales experience
• Selling Biologic products that utilize the Buy & Bill or Specialty pharmacy modes of distribution
• Selling Respiratory products
• Selling HCP administered injectable products
• Demonstration of high performance for previous 12 months
• Candidates must possess a solid track record of success working in a complex matrix environment to ensure success in interfacing and coordinating with a large number of internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills required
• Demonstrated ability to identify unique sales opportunities and to perform tasks beyond designated responsibilities
• Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
• Strong business planning skills and ability to multi-task.
Why GSK?:GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency ReportingFor the Recordsite.